Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Time Management

People of utilize time management without even noticing it. It's become second nature to many. I use time management more than ever because of college. I take 19 credit hours, participate in Headliners and Smorgaschords, work twenty hours a week, have piano lessons, and work out 4 days a week at the YMCA. Not even mentioning the time I take in for studying and hanging out with friends. I use time management more than the average college student. That doesn't mean I'm great at it however. I often find myself managing my time inefficiently. Take this student connect class. Even though I respect the instructor, the class itself is worthless. I really believe that. So I've had a hard time managing to get to class. I don't have that problem in any of my other classes. I guess if you're motivated to participate in something, you'll find a way to get there. On the other hand, when I am successful at time management, my overall attitude lifts. The most important factor in time management is organization. And motivation. You have to be willing to get things done. I can definitely distinguish differences in my high school and college time management skills. I'm way more independent now which has forced me to plan my time more often. Although I'm maturing, I'm no master. My biggest problem is just motivating myself to get more involved in activities I don't particularly like. Like student connect. It was a bad idea class.

No comments: